Solid Waste & Recycling

 1880 2nd Avenue N

Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 4:30PM


Residential Services

Commercial Services


Residential Services

The Solid Waste and Recycling Division provides garbage, vegetation, bulk and recycling collection services to all single family properties located within the city limits of Lake Worth Beach. Multifamily properties with 8 units or less receive the same service as single family properties.

Garbage Collection

The City provides residents with black containers for their household garbage and collects them 2 times per week.

Find out your Garbage Collection Schedule

Vegetation Collection

Vegetation is to be placed in the dark green container provided by the City and will be collected on selected days. The following items should be put into this container: bagged and un-bagged small yard waste such as grass, leaves, and branches. The lid must be closed for collection. Up to 4 cubic yards of extra yard waste will be picked up from the ground only if the container is full or the material is of such a size that it will not fit in the container.

Do’s and Don’ts for using your Garbage and Vegetation Containers


  • Place containers within 3 feet of the street and at least 5 feet from mailboxes, fire hydrants, utility poles, cars, etc.


  • Stack extra garbage and trash on the top of containers or alongside containers.
  • Put rocks, dirt, construction debris, and flammable or hazardous materials in the containers
  • Leave your garbage or vegetation container in view of any person using a public street anywhere in the city prior to 6:00 P.M. on the day before collection is expected.All containers must be removed from view by midnight on the day of collection.

Bulk Collection

Bulk Waste is collected once per month on a scheduled day. Residents can put out up to 4 cubic yards of material.

Accepted materials include:

  • Furniture
  • Mattresses
  • Appliances
  • Box Springs
  • Other Similar Items

Unacceptable materials include:

  • Vegetation of any kind
  • Rocks and dirt
  • Wood
  • Metal
  • Car Parts
  • Construction Debris including roofing materials, cabinets, doors, drywall, fencing, concrete, plumbing fixtures, tubs
  • Tires
  • Steel
  • Hazardous Materials including oil, paint, and toxic chemicals


Recycling Collection

The City provides a 2-bin collection of recycling. Recycle Right by placing only the following items in your bins:

Blue Bin:

  • Plastic Bottles and Containers – Lids on; 2 gallons or less
  • Cans, Food and Beverage
  • Glass Bottles and Jars – Lids off
  • Cartons, Milk and Juice – Lids on
  • Drink Boxes – No pouches

Yellow Bin:

  • Cardboard – Flattened
  • Newspapers and Inserts – No plastic bags
  • Office and School Paper
  • Mail
  • Magazines
  • Dry Food Boxes – No food stains
  • Paper Bags
  • Cardboard Paper Rolls
  • Pizza Boxes – No food stains

Recycling Don’ts

We know everyone is eager to do their part and recycle as much as possible, but if an item isn’t listed above, it doesn’t belong in the bins, so please keep it out. By putting unacceptable materials in the bins, it can contaminate an entire load of recycling. When a load is contaminated, it may be rejected and require disposal. This results in higher costs for everyone.

Please keep these items out of your bins:

  • Plastic Wrap
  • Plastic Bags
  • Needles or Sharps
  • Styrofoam
  • Light Bulbs, Mirrors, Glass Plates, or Vases
  • Containers larger than 2 gallons
  • Plastic Furniture
  • Ceramics
  • Food Waste
  • Aluminum Foil and Pans
  • Shredded Paper
  • Plastic Eating Utensils and Straws
  • Paper Towels and Napkins
  • Coat Hangers
  • Air Filters
  • Paper items mixed in same bin as containers

Roll-Off Services

If you need to rent a roll-off for the collection of construction debris, please contact Waste Management at 1-800-269-0073. They are the only provider authorized to offer roll-off service within the City.

Non-Compliance Violations

In an effort to keep the City clean and ensure compliance with City codes, employees of the Solid Waste & Recycling Division will leave Non-Compliance Notices for violations. The violations can vary from misuse of a container to illegal construction debris left at the curb. Fees charged are in accordance with the City of Lake Worth Beach Schedule of Fees The violation notice and collection can occur on the same day. All fines will be added to your next utility bill. To avoid receiving a fine, please follow all collection guidelines and schedules. If you are unsure if you are will receive a fine, call us in advance of placing any items at the curb.

Home Chemical Disposal

Got old paint or electronics to dispose of? The Solid Waste Authority’s closest Home Chemical & Recycling Center is located at:

1810 Lantana Road Lantana, FL 33462

For more information, call the Solid Waste Authority 561-697-2700

Why do I have to separate my recycling?

Separating the paper from the containers helps keep the material cleaner and more marketable. Once the materials collected for recycling get dirty, or contaminated, they may be rejected at the recycling facility and the City may be required to dispose of them at significant expense. End users of the recyclable materials can’t use contaminated materials.

Why can’t I recycle shredded paper?

Unfortunately, shredded paper falls through the recycling processing equipment and ends up not getting recycled. The best way to dispose of it is to throw it in your garbage and it will be burned to create electricity at one of the county’s Renewable Energy Facilities.

How do I pay for these services?

Single family residents and multifamily properties with 8 or less units pay for these services on their property tax bill. There is one fee from the City, which is for collection services, and there is another fee from the Solid Waste Authority for disposal and other services, like Household Hazardous Waste Collection. Multifamily properties with 9 or more units and commercial establishments pay for collection and disposal on their utility bill.

Someone from the City took away my recycling bins/recycling cart. How come?

If a property continually has contaminated material in their bins/carts, the City may remove them.Contaminated bins can ruin an entire load of clean recyclables and will result in increased costs to everyone.

How do I know how much is 4 cubic yards?

A good estimate is the size of 2 refrigerators.

What if my container is damaged?

If a container is damaged, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge. However, if the cause of damage is abuse, mutilation, or modification, customers are responsible for purchasing a replacement container.

How do I identify my container?

Record the serial number located on the front side of the container and keep it with your household records. Residents cannot paint their name or address on the containers. The containers are the property of the city and they must remain with the house for use by the next resident.

How do I dispose of items that the City does not collect?

Contact the Solid Waste Authority at 561-697-2700 for more information.

find my zone