Connect Lake Worth Beach
Hello and welcome to the City of Lake Worth Beach Virtual Recreation and Resource Center. We are dedicated to ensuring that our resilient community members have resources to maintain healthy lives, develop meaningful relationships, and have exciting experiences. In these challenging times, our Virtual Recreation Center will bring programs and resources to you and your family with the hope of making it easier for you to prioritize your health and well-being.
Visit this page often or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for new updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained and informed. Please note that we do not endorse or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Stay Active Mind & Body
As our daily lives are currently filled with more indoor time. But there are many ways to stay healthy and active. (Disclaimer: Individuals should consult their physician before starting any exercise program or changing their diet to limit risks.)
Lake Worth Beach
Connect Lake Worth Beach is our latest health and wellness initiative. Sign up for our newsletter to stay connected, and get the latest updates on what is to come!
Stay Connected Community
Although we’re all social distancing physically, as humans we need to stay connected emotionally. Try one or two of these every day.
Starting this week, we will be airing our PBZTV segments every morning at 10:00 A.M. Monday-Friday. These pieces will range from fun and educational videos to longer, one of a kind stories about some of the animals at the Zoo. We hope to make it into your new daily routine!
Here is a sneak peek at who we will be featuring tomorrow! #closedbutstillcaring #bringingthezootoyou
- Call a Facetime a friend or relative you haven’t spoken to in a while to check-in.
- Write a letter.
- Support a local restaurant – Many restaurants are still open for take out or delivery orders. Support your favorite local eateries and order food for pick up or try Doordash or Ubereats and have it brought to you
- Here is list of local restaurants that are open from the Lake Worth Beach CRA.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep. Make time to unwind.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- A Better Way to Homeschool – A quick-start resource to help families pull together a plan for surviving the next 1 – 2 months at home with their kids. It can also provide a time to slow down and enjoy our kids as they learn. This is for preschool through 8th grade.
- Tips for Working from Home – Advice from PC Magazine for those who are able to work from hom
- Daily Doodle lessons by Mo Willems.
- FreeKidsCrafts – Lots of categories of ideas, templates, and printouts.
- Crafts by Amanda – Free arts and crafts ideas.
- Online digital coloring pages.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – A wonderful, endlessly detailed way to get kids engaged in the world of art.
- Artsology – Helps kids learn to appreciate the arts by providing them with the opportunity to play games, conduct investigations, and explore different forms of art.
- Kids Think Design – Explores careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, product design, film and theater, architecture, animation, and environmental design.
Lake Worth Beach offers Summer, Winter, and Spring camps every year!
Visit our Senior Programs page, to learn more about how to get involved with your community!
We are currently not accepting rental reservations for any properties.
Stay Informed Be in the Know
Visit these sites for the latest local information regarding COVID-19: