Lake Worth Beach Public Library
In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for reading, learning, and other library activities, The Lake Worth Beach Public Library requires all visitors to comply with the following General Rules.
The following are NOT allowed:
- Eating or drinking
- Sleeping or loitering in the Library or at the Library’s ramp or entrance
- Using a bicycle, skates, skateboard, scooter, or anything like them
- Bringing in an animal, unless it is a trained service animal
- Selling any goods or services
- Soliciting, petitioning, or canvassing
- Harassing or threatening behavior
- Making unreasonable use of rest rooms, like laundering clothes and bathing
- Making unreasonable noise, such as talking loudly or talking on a cell phone
- Using obscene or abusive language or gestures
- Engaging in sexual conduct or lewd behavior
- Having a knife, gun, or any other weapon
- Using alcohol or illegal drugs
- Damaging, defacing, or misusing any Library materials or property.
This includes disabling Library equipment, changing the hardware or software or settings on a Library computer, or using a Library computer for a purpose other than that designated by the Library.
- Engaging in any activity in violation of federal, state, local, or other applicable law or Library policies.
Please also be aware that:
The Library is not responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged on Library premises. Visitors are not permitted to bring any large bags, bags with wheels, shopping carts, or bedding into the Library.
Library staff or security can inspect any of your property when you come in or leave. You must wear clothing and shoes in the Library, and Your body odor must not be so offensive that it disturbs others.
Some items in the Library cannot be copied because of copyright laws, poor condition, or donor restrictions.
The Library is not responsible for children who are left unattended on Library premises.
Library staff and security officers can ask visitors to show their Library cards or other ID at any time.
Large groups that want to visit the Library have to get permission before they visit.
Photography and recording are not allowed on Library premises without prior permission.
Certain reading rooms and other Library spaces have additional restrictions.
Visitors with disabilities may ask Library staff for reasonable accommodations.
Visitors who do not follow the Library’s General Rules can be asked to leave and can lose their Library privileges.
They can also be arrested or be subject to other legal action. The General Rules apply to the library property, both inside and outside the building.