Thirty (30) sites (listed below) be be open to provide breakfast and lunch to all children ages 18 years and younger from Monday, March 16, 2020 through Friday, March 20, 2020. Meal service will be grab-and-go from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.. Students must be present to receive a meal.
The School District of Palm Beach County School Food Distribution Sites
- Feeding South Florida (FSF) is working with us to provide family meal boxes of food at the 30 sites for families of our students receiving our meals. This support from FSF will be ONLY given out on Tuesday, March 17th and Friday, March 20th. Please refer to this flyer. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boca Helping Hands (BHH) is maintaining a modified operations throughout this crisis and is available for qualified families to receive food through the TEFAP commodities program. All they would need to do is to come to one of their distribution points (East Boca and Boynton Beach) and fill out a two-page form and they would be entitled to a supplemental bag of groceries and frozen meat and/or fresh produce, when available. The East Boca location is found at 1500 NW 1st Court, Boca Raton; and the Boynton Beach location is First Baptist Church Boynton Beach, 301 N Seacrest Blvd., Boynton Beach. Hours of operation are East Boca – 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. from Monday through Saturday, and Boynton Beach: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Living Hungry (Maura Plante) – she is working with small local farmers to distribute boxes of farm fresh produce to the community. One of her lead partners is Lox Farms along with others.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunately, the School District is not permitted by the USDA to provide meals during Spring Break as it is an anticipated closure. There may be an opportunity to have some of these schools open for community organizations to pass food out during the week of March 23, 2020 through March 26, 2020 (Monday – Thursday). If you are interested please email email@example.com) as soon as possible, and copy Mrs. Allison Monbleau as well at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Business Damage Assessment Survey Governor Ron DeSantis has announced the activation of the Business Damage Assessment survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations. The survey, managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts the virus has had on the local economy so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin. “Gathering information about the impact COVID-19 has on Florida businesses and industries will be invaluable to the state’s efforts in coordinating our response,” said Governor DeSantis. “It is important that we understand the total impact COVID-19 has on businesses to ensure that we access the resources that may be available.” The Business Damage Assessment Survey can be taken online here.Free Counseling Support Helpline During COVID-19 Health Crisis A bilingual, tollfree, 24-7 helpline is now open for all Floridians – no matter whether they are Florida Blue members or not – to help individuals cope with the stress and anxiety they may be feeling given the COVID-19 public health care crisis. This is in collaboration Florida Blue’s partners at New Directions Behavioral Health. This information is also posted on the Florida Blue blog: https://www.floridablue.com/blog/support-line or download the flyer here.Other COVID-19 Related Resources
- General COVID-19 Info and Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- SBA – Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses – COVID-19 – https://www.sba.gov/page/guidance-businesses-employers-plan-respond-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- CDC’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- Reemployment Assistance Service Center https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/1695
- Reemployment Assistance Initial Claim Submit Process https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX
- Palm Beach County Drive Through Testing Information https://files.constantcontact.com/b373c33b201/d2892eda-59b1-40a7-85b1-86af88d55986.pdf
- Customizable Flyer for Your Business from the US Chamber https://files.constantcontact.com/b373c33b201/664cc1d6-aa76-42c2-88e9-58e7c73a90c8.pdf
- Palm Beach County Government http://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/Publications/Government%20in%20Palm%20Beach%20County.pdf
Please send us any information that you would like us to share with our community. We will continue to provide information to you as situations arise.