Lake Worth Beach, FL — In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the City of Lake Worth Beach has issued Administrative Order 2020-05: Emergency Measures to Highly Encourage Use of Masks and Employers to Provide Personal Protection Equipment. This order, effective immediately, encourages:
All citizens, residents, guests, and visitors to wear a mask while
- visiting grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, retail food facilities, and restaurants
- performing construction activities on construction sites
- making deliveries from grocery stores, pharmacies, retail food facilities, and restaurants
- performing other essential retail and commercial establishments, as defined in the Governor’s Executive Order 20-91.
All employers with business activities that are open to the public should provide sufficient personal protective equipment for their employees including, but not limited to, masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and other protective equipment as applicable and as available.
For the purpose of this Administrative Order, a mask is defined as a form of covering of the nose and mouth and includes:
- face masks
- homemade masks
- cloth coverings, including but not limited to,
- other similar cloth coverings
Medical and surgical face masks, such as “N95” masks or other similar medical or surgical masks, are in short supply and must be reserved for health care personnel and other first responders who have the greatest need for such personal protective equipment.
This Administrative Order will remain in effect until it is superseded by stricter requirements as set forth in an Executive Order of the Florida Governor or Palm Beach County, Florida, or otherwise canceled by the City of Lake Worth Beach.
The complete order is available here: https://lakeworthbeachfl.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/AO-410.pdf
For a full list of orders see: https://lakeworthbeachfl.gov/covid19/#Lake_Worth_Beach_Orders_and_Actions