Hurricane season begins June 1 and ends on November 30, with the peak months for hurricane and tropical storm development being August and September.
Make A Plan
- Find out what reoccurring hazards are prone to your local area; consult the Palm Beach County Evacuation Tool for Storm Surge Information
- Familiarize yourself with Evacuation Zones and Locate Evacuation Risk Shelters near your area
- Determine where you can get building supplies or groceries during a disaster
- Make a Family Disaster Plan and practice it with family members
- Plan how to stay in touch with family and friends if everyday methods of communication are not available
- Pre-register for Special Needs and Pet-Friendly Shelters