Planning and Zoning
The Planning and Zoning division is responsible for long range planning, regional planning and coordination, development review, analysis, and compliance, and engaging the community to develop various studies, such as neighborhood plans.
We serve the community in a number of ways by providing information, reviewing and evaluating projects, and assisting the development community in assuring projects are designed and developed in conformance with the City’s Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations.
Information below can help provide basic property and zoning information.
Planning and Zoning 2020 Review Schedule
|wdt_ID||Original Submittal Deadline||Site Plan Review Team Meeting||Planning and Zoning Board Meeting|
|1||November 5, 2019||December 9/ December 23 2019||*January 15, 2020|
|2||December 3, 2019||January 13/ January 27 2020||February 5, 2020|
|3||January 7, 2020||February 10 / February 24 2020||March 4, 2020|
|4||February 4, 2020||March 9 / March 23 2020||April 1, 2020|
|5||March 3, 2020||April 13 / April 27 2020||May 6, 2020|
|6||April 7, 2020||May 11 / May 25 2020||June 3, 2020|
|7||May 5, 2020||June 8 / June 22 2020||July 1, 2020|
|8||June 2, 2020||July 13 / July 27 2020||August 5, 2020|
|9||July 7, 2020||August 10 / August 24 2020||September 2, 2020|
|10||August 4, 2020||Sept 14 / September 28 2020||October 7, 2020|
- A pre-application meeting is required prior to submitta To request an appointment, contact the PZHP Division at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also call 561-586-1687. Staff will reserve meeting space and staff resources in order to address concerns regarding the type of submittal, Board review schedule, submittal procedures, fee, application form and type and number of plans/documents that are required for a complete application submittal.
- The submittal will generally follow the schedule identified above if the deadline has been met and the submittal is determined acceptable for processing. The Director for Community Sustainability may schedule the submittal for the following month’s Board meeting based upon the number of items already on the Board’s agenda, the complexity of the application and/or the workload of staff.
- Applications which require submittal of a traffic impact analysis, pursuant to the municipal implementation of Palm Beach County traffic performance standards ordinance, shall include two (2) signed and sealed copies of the traffic impact analysis with the initial development application submittal package to the City. All review responses from the appropriate outside agencies must be submitted to the Planning, Zoning and Historic Preservation Division at time of application submittal.
- Additional required fees may include but not be limited to legal advertisements. Fees shall be due upon receipt of invoice.
- Note: Schedule subject to change without notice. Contact the Planning, Zoning and Historic Preservation Division to verify dates: email@example.com
Planning and Zoning Check Lists
Planning and Zoning Resources Board
The Board’s function is to review and approve site plans for three units or more of residential development and all commercial development. This Board also reviews community appearance and has the ability to grant a variance from the Lake Worth Beach Zoning Code.
|Member Name||Term Expiration Date||Appointed By|
|Daniel Tanner||31-July-2021||District 3|
|Greg Rice - Chair||31-July-2022||District 1|
|Brock Grill||31-July-2020||District 2|
|Michael Glaser||31-July-2020||District 4|
|Anthony Marotta - Vice chair||31-July-2022||Mayor|
|Mark Humm||31-July-2020||District 3|