Join the count Lake Worth Beach!
The 2020 Census is April, 2020. Every decade, the U.S. Census Bureau counts America’s population & uses the data to distribute $675 billion of federal funding to states & communities each year. The Census affects people of ALL ages, races, culture & ethnicities, regardless of citizenship. It will be private, safe, easy & very important to participate.
- Everyone counts – the census counts every person living in the U.S. once, only once, and in the right place.
- It’s in the constitution – the U.S. Constitution mandates that everyone in the country be counted every 10 years.
- It’s about fair representation-the results of the census are used to reapportion the House of Representatives, determining how many seats each state gets.
- It’s about redistricting – state officials redraw the boundaries of the congressional and state legislative districts in their states to account for population shifts.
- It’s about $675 billion-the distribution of more than $675 billion in federal funds, grants and support to states, counties and communities are based on census data. That money is spent on schools, hospitals, roads, public works and other vital programs.
- Taking part is your civic duty-completing the census is mandatory.
- Learn more and find answers to frequently asked Census questions.